How To Make Christmas Ginger Biscuits for Your Dog
More and more of us are choosing to make our dogs’ meals from scratch as not only is it a great way of getting the whole family involved but it’s also a way of guaranteeing that you know exactly what your dog is eating, especially if he/she is on a special diet or suffers from any allergies. It also gives you peace of mind in the knowledge that your dog is eating both healthy and nutritious ingredients and is a great way of using up certain leftovers!
Understandably, it’s a difficult pledge to make year-round, yet if Christmas isn’t a time to treat your four-legged then when is! For something simple and special, here’s our recipe for doggie ginger biscuits.
- 180g of self-raising flour
- 100g of peanut butter
- 2½ teaspoons of ground ginger
- ⅔ teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 egg, beaten
- Pre-heat your oven to 200°C.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl to form a dough (add splashes of water if it is a bit crumbly).
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface to around ¼ inch thick and cut out your biscuits.
- Line up the biscuits on baking trays and bake for 15-20 minutes (depending on the size) until golden brown.
- Cool before serving!