Everyday paw protection
Summit Trex dog boots provide everyday traction and paw protection from extreme temperatures, abrasive surfaces, and salt or other snowmelt chemicals. The Ruffwear-designed outsole provides flexible traction while an integrated stretch gaiter protects legs and locks out dirt and debris.
Boots are available in pairs or packs of two.
Features and Benefits
- Ruffwear-designed, non-marking outsole offers flexible traction and is built for high-mileage
- Integrated stretch gaiter protects leg and locks out dirt and debris
- Moisture stays out via weather-resistant upper
- Reliable, intuitive hook and loop cinch strap
- Low-light visibility with reflective trim
Check out this video on measuring your dog's paws for boots.
Boots are sold 4 per set.Size Guide:
Please note, sizing is categorised by paw width in inches.
Some dogs may find boots a little difficult to get used to. Ruffwear offer the following advice should your dog begin doing 'the boot dance' as soon as the boots are on their feet!
- Don’t laugh. This may be difficult, but laughing is likely to cause your dog further anxiety.
- Engage your dog. Immediately engage your dog in their favourite activity to distract them from the boots. For example, a walk, a trick, or fetch with their favourite toy. Eventually, if you are consistent, they will associate the boots with this activity and will have a positive reaction when the boots come out.
- Break in the boots. Dogs will need to build up a tolerance to the boots just like human shoes. Take your dog for short walks prior to your first long adventure with the boots.
- Make sure the boots fit. Measure your dog’s paw width (front and back) carefully prior to purchasing the boots. A good fit maximizes comfort and will ensure the boots stay on the paws through rigorous exercise. Many of our customers are surprised to find out that a 100 pound dog can actually fit any size from X-Small to Large, so don’t assume you know your dogs foot size. Overall dog size doesn’t translate to paw and boot size. Click here for more sizing instruction.
- Use boot liners. Boot liners will not only enhance the fit of the boots, they will help keep your dog comfortable by softening any potential abrasion spots, insulating the boot, and wicking moisture away from the paw.